Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mile High Extravaganza

Hey!!  This is Carson all the way from Coeur d Alene, Idaho!  I had a GREAT time in Denver this past weekend!  The first day we went to dinner with the JDRF and FORD, Motorcraft/Quicklane people.  I gave them blue clown noses for JDRF.  Here is a picture of all of us at the restaurant!

The next day was the BIG REVEAL.  Lots of people from FORD and ESPN were there to interview Bob Tasca III and me.  When  the cover was pulled off the car, it looked way better than I thought it would look.  I saw my design come to life!! Here is a picture!

The contest this year raised over $53,000!  It was amazing to hold the big check and know all that money will go to help find a cure for T1D!  I am thankful for all the kids who entered the JDRF "Our Everyday Heroes" contest and helped raise this money!



One of the best things about the weekend was meeting Bob Tasca's family...his mom and dad, his wife and 4 boys.  Bobby Tasca IV is 11 years old like me and we became good friends.  I am hoping to go to the race this weekend in Seattle!


Mason and I got to ride in the tow car that tows the race car to the start line. Then we got to watch from the finish line.  IT was really cool watching all the colors of my car come rushing at me at over 300 mph. That was one of the coolest moments of my life!


On Sunday, Bob Tasca III and me were introduced to EVERYONE .  I got to go up on stage with Bob Tasca III in front of all the fans cheering!  I felt like I was a big deal!  Bob introduced me to all the funny car drivers backstage and that was awesome!
Oh yeah and I got interviewed by ESPN and was on tv...that was cool!



It was sad to go home and I wish it had lasted longer! I want to thank Bob Tasca III for being a great part of this contest for 7 years!  The Ford and Motorcraft and JDRF people (Meg, Travis, Rebecca, Gael, Tim, Dawn, and Mary) were great and I hope to see them again!







No comments:

Post a Comment