Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My dream of meeting Miss Idaho, Sierra Sandison, COMES TRUE!!!

I have been wanting to meet Miss Idaho ever since I found out she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, like me!  My dream finally came true yesterday!!!  My brother received the Congressional Award silver medal in a ceremony at the state capitol in Boise yesterday.  We found out that Sierra was also receiving her medal at the same ceremony!  I couldn't believe it!  I was going to see her!  When I met her, I gave her a dozen red roses because I want to thank her for raising awareness about Type 1 diabetes by her #showmeyourpump campaign! She was very nice to me and I hope she wins Miss America!!
Sierra is very famous, but she took time to talk to me and introduce me to McCall Salinas, Miss Idaho  Outstanding Preteen, who also has T1D!  Here is a picture! (Read about how McCall inspired Sierra to wear her pump in the Miss Idaho swimsuit competition here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-benner/miss-idaho-sierra-sandiso_b_5620049.html )
 Here is Mason and Sierra getting The Congressional Award medals from U.S. Senator Crapo, U.S. Senator Risch and U.S. Representative Labrador.
Sierra was nice enough to put the picture of me and her as her profile picture on Facebook and tweet about me!  That made me feel really special that she would do that even though I am just a kid!  I hope she becomes Miss America because everybody would love her!
I wish I was a judge at Miss America this year!     Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment