Saturday, April 8, 2017

Canfield Middle School raises money for JDRF!

Confections for a Cause

In the Spring of my 7th grade year at Canfield Middle, my English Language teacher said she would like to raise money for JDRF to help find a cure for me and all those living with Type 1 Diabetes! I was so honored and surprised! It sounds kinda ironic, but the entire English department put on a Candy Expo for the school and entire community! Yeah, I know....but, diabetics can eat candy, too! We just have to dose for it!! All the students invented a candy to sell the night of the event! It was VERY WELL attended and SO MUCH FUN!!! The event was so successful, Brett and Susan Somers, judges at the event, invited the top winners to "sell" at their candy store in the CdA Resort shops, Miss Honeypeeps Sweet shop! These two events raised $3,000 for JDRF! Thank you, Mrs. Wheelan and Canfield Middle School!!!! Here are some pictures from both events!














No comments:

Post a Comment